Most Valuable Checking with Interest
Earns 1.25% APY* on all balances up to $10,000 when monthly qualifications are met
Earns 0.05% APY* on all balances if monthly qualifications are not met
- ATM fee refunds nationwide*** (up to $50 per monthly qualification cycle)
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance requirement to earn rewards or maintain account
- Unlimited check writing
- Can link rewards to Most Valuable Savings to grow your savings automatically
- Free online banking
- Bill Pay available
- Free e-Statements with check imaging
- Free Visa® debit card
- $50 minimum deposit to open
- Be enrolled & receive e-statement notice
- Have at least 10 debit card purchases post and settle per monthly qualification cycle**
- Have at least one direct deposit or one automatic debit (ACH) transaction post to and settle to your Most Valuable Checking with Interest Account each monthly qualification cycle. In the event that a direct deposit transaction does not post to and settle to your account in each monthly qualification cycle, we reserve the right to close your account.
Even if you don't qualify during a given cycle, you can try again next cycle to earn rewards.
Bill Pay is free if used for a minimum of 1 payment per month; otherwise, $5.95 per month. Rates may change and fees may reduce earnings.
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of 6/3015. Minimum to open account is $50. When the Most Valuable Checking with Interest monthly qualifications** are met, the qualifying interest rate on your account and corresponding Annual Percentage Yield (APY) will be tiered. If your collected daily balance is $10,000.00 or less, the qualifying interest rate paid on the entire balance will be 1.24% with an APY of 1.25%. A qualified interest rate of 0.35% will be paid only for that portion of your collected daily balance that is greater than $10,000.00. The APY for this tier will range from 0.43% to 1.25%, depending on the balance in the account. 0.05% APY applies to all balances if monthly qualifications are not met. Debit card and bill pay transactions MUST post to and settle to your account during the Monthly Qualification Cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date the transaction was made to post to and settle to an account. ATM-processed transactions, transfers between accounts and debit card transactions processed by merchants and received by MVB Bank as ATM transactions do not count toward earning account rewards.
Limit one account per Tax ID number. May be reported on IRS Form 1099.
**"Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one banking day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one banking day prior to the close of the current Statement Cycle.
***ATM Surcharge Fee Reimbursement (Most Valuable Checking accounts only): If you have met your qualifications during the Monthly Qualification Cycle, we will reimburse you for domestic ATM fees imposed during the Monthly Qualification Cycle by our institution and other U.S. Financial Institutions up to $50.00 per each Monthly Qualification Cycle in which you qualified. Monthly ATM fee reimbursements will be credited to your account on the last day of your Statement Cycle. If the monthly qualifications are not met, no ATM surcharge fees will be reimbursed for that monthly qualification cycle.
ATM fees of $4.99 or less will be reimbursed up to a maximum of $4.99 per individual transaction. ATM fees of $5.00 and higher will be reimbursed if the appropriate ATM receipt is presented to a representative at one of our branches. If you believe that you have not been reimbursed the correct amount, please contact us. We must hear from you no later than 30 days after the Statement Cycle where the reimbursement was applicable in order to receive a refund.
- Most Valuable Savings